MasterLandscape Architecture and Planning
|Study location||Latvia, Jelgava|
|Nominal duration||2 years (120 ECTS)|
|Awards||Master (Professional Master in Landscape Architecture/ Qualification: Landscape Architect)|
|Accreditation||December 31, 2021|
|Tuition fee||€4,000 per year|
|Application fee||€160 one-time
|Dormitory fee||€83 per month
It requires to pay additional 60 EUR for Dormitory deposit.
Undergraduate diploma (or higher)
Applicants with completed bachelor`s degree in landscape architecture are approved for admission to the programme.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Latvian.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
We accept only officially translated documents.
You must take the original entry qualification documents along with you when you finally go to the university.
Applicants must be able to present good English knowledge (minimum – CEFR level B2, IELTS score 6.0, TOEFL score 520, TOEFL-iBT score 68 ).
A motivation letter must be added to your application.
The aim of the study programme is to provide students with knowledge and skills necessary for the work in landscape architecture as qualified specialists who are able to carry out research activities, analysis, development planning, maintenance, revitalization and management of territory improvement and greenery arrangement of landscapes, public outdoor space and private outdoor space independently or in a team.
The content of the programme ensures the acquisition of the master’s level knowledge which envisages to study theoretical study courses and study courses of sub-disciplines, acquire the basics of the research activities, methods of research, gain the necessary knowledge and experience during traineeship.
The graduates of the programme are able to:
- understand the importance of heritage landscapes and nature heritage in the development of the economy;
- develop the guidelines, methodology and recommendations for landscape management, protection, preservation and restoration;
- deal with the problems of science and practice in consulting and design companies/organisations, national and municipal institutions;
- apply the acquired academic knowledge when dealing with ecological, aesthetic and social problems of the landscape in preserving cultural and nature heritage and ensuring landscape sustainability;
- organise the process of work in cooperation with the specialists of related sectors, plan and manage the work, work in teams in accordance with the project development time schedule.
The research is performed in the following directions: landscape design, landscape architecture, landscape planning. This programme is completed with the elaboration and defence of a Master’s thesis.
Our graduates work in all kinds of architecture, design, research companies. They can cover both urban and rural areas and ensure that implemented projects are qualitative and sustainable. Our specialists are able to designs different scale landscapes – residential areas, parks, shopping centers, parkways, golf courses, school campuses etc.
Master’s degree entitles graduates to continue studies in a respective Doctoral study programme at universities in Latvia or abroad.